Friday, October 10, 2014

Time for CHANGE

Last year I totally fell behind on my blogging and TPT-ing!

In January I hopped on board our Language Arts Curriculum Committee...and spent the next nine months submerged up to my eyeballs in common core reading, writing, language, speaking, and listening standards. Now that my time on that committee is done I've moved on to some work on Google Docs and trying to get my own classroom up and running!

I also tried to take some time to focus on myself. Between graduate school, wedding planning, and moving to a new school I had forgotten that important detail. I started working out again, dropped 30 lbs and started teaching fitness classes for the first time since I was an ungrad. I feel better than I have in years!

Now that things finally seem to be settling down (well as much as they ever do...) it is time to get back into one of my favorite hobbies of creating materials again.

To get back into the blogging aspect I wanted to hop back to a material from my days in second grade. 

Normally priced at $10 I am putting my "Changeopoly Jr." on sale for $7.50.


Change-opoly Jr. encourages students to work on cooperative play, coin identification, coin counting, addition, and subtraction.

Included in this kit:
• One “change-opoly” 32 square game board
• 30 ? card fronts
• 30 ? card backs
• 4 game pawns
• 48 (12 of each color) “math books” to mark classrooms owned
• Coin cards to print on colored paper
• Colored coins to print on white paper
• Directions for assembly
• Directions for set-up and play
o Directions are a bit wordy. I would recommend walking through the game play with students before sending them off on their own.
• A tracking sheet to follow students’ progress

When I used this in second grade, I glued the game board onto the cardboard from the back of a pad of chart paper. I store the game board and all of the pieces in a Nordstrom shirt box---perfect size for a game box! 

Since we do not explicitly teach change in 3rd grade I use it as a review station and sometimes the students choose to play with it during our "Ketchup and Pickles" time or even indoor recess.

Check back soon for more new posts and pictures of my new classroom!






Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment