Saturday, August 24, 2013

Nemo & Friends!

When I was back in 2nd grade and had to teach telling time to the nearest five minutes I was petrified!

As long as I can remember I have relied on a digital clock because I have the biggest mental block with analog time imaginable.

(Of course when I got my most recent job, my demo lesson had to be on telling time--go figure!)

Because of my love for Disney and all things ocean and beach related I created numbers to go around the clock to help me--I mean the students--tell time quickly in our classroom!

 
The number start at "0 or 60" above the 12 and continue around the clock counting by 5s.
My students love seeing Nemo and I love the "helping hand"
 
(this packet also has the numbers 1-12, as well as starfish shaped
15, 30, 45, & 60 for teaching to the quarter hour!)
 
 

Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment