Saturday, October 11, 2014

More New Classroom Pics (and a special thanks to the hubby)

Seriously after all the work...I really hope I don't have to move for at LEAST ten years.
My heart is in third grade, I enjoy my school, and wellllllllll I don't want to have to box everything up AGAIN.


Last year I used fadeless paper (see above). This year I took the advice of my new teammate and went and got felt for my boards. SO GLAD THAT I DID. Thanks to my awesome hubby my boards look incredible and the backgrounds will hold up for years to come.

My new favorite addition (as far as bulletin boards go) is my "Instabooks" bulletin board.
#keepcalm & #readon (spelled out in Lilly Pulitzer patterns of course!)


I actually created an instagram account (@mrsnpartyka) to photo and filter pictures of the books we have read. As the year goes on I will post pictures of the books on the board. This way students have a remind of all the books we have read. PLUS since I use many of the same read alouds from year-to-year I can save them to put back up next year. In my opinion it is way more fun (and current) than having a long list of titles and authors. 

(PS found the cute Surf's up sign at my favorite teacher place--Dollar Tree!)


This picture above shows one of the areas I am MOST excited about--above my cubbies and cabinets.  Once the hubby finished putting my felt on the large bulletin board I measured it out and realized I had enough to cover the ugly ugly dirty looking walls above my cabinet.  Fortunately my incredible hubby is over six feet tall (he's an entire foot taller than my practically legal midget status) so we were able to staple all the left over felt up there. (Years ago the entire wall was a bulletin board). Afterwards while I continued to organize and set-up my awesome hubby added some underwater cutouts and bordette for me. Then he places all the super cute stuffed animals of book characters my former first grade teacher grandmother had given me. 

It is incredible how much brighter and cleaner my classroom looks with this little touch. Plus it will keep me from getting lazy and throwing old materials up there. I hate how cluttered some classrooms look because of that!


So another great reason NOT to move...I don't want to have to make the hubby redo his incredible bulletin board! <3



Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment