Saturday, October 11, 2014

Another New Classroom, Another New Set of Pics

This past summer was a whirlwind of packing and unpacking...and more packing...and more unpacking...
As we moved from 5 team members down to four I had to move my classroom down the hall. 
While it is nice to be in a quad with my team members instead of down the hall on my own it is definitely a double edged sword. I love the social aspect (and having three teachers and two aids in the quad who can keep an extra eye or ear out if need be) buttttttt I am having trouble getting more work done since I am near everyone else.

While I have an AC (that somewhat works and by somewhat might take some staleness out of the air...) I ended up further from the bathroom and the printer/copier...two seriously important items during the school day.

Overall I love my new classroom (and I cannot thank my incredible husband enough for all of his help) but it was made that much more difficult by the fact that I also moved in (and out) of my summer school classroom. Needless to say at the current moment I am very much looking forward to Christmas Break where I'll have more days off than I did all summer!

Check out a few new pics below! 
I'll be following up with some more posts about each one...

Small Group Table
(Top New Room, Bottom Old Room)                                                       

This is one of my FAVORITE upgrades in my new room. 
Check back soon for some tips on integrating stability balls in your classroom.

Rocking Chair/Morning Meeting Area
(Top New Room, Bottom Old Room)


I was lucky enough to stumble across this awesome blue and white flowered fabric while cleaning out the cabinets in my new classroom. My husband had picked out the shiny blue fabric for my last year. Somewhere in the course of the year it came away slightly stained and tattered. 
Both wall hangings actually came from Dollar Tree. I was nervous that I would damage the whale when I took it down so I bought the palm trees as well. I absolutely love the way it brightens up the whole back corner. I even used it for a backdrop for some first day of school pictures. 



Last year my door was fairly boring. I had fish labels on the door and eventually added cards and letter to/from my students. This year the hubby (super handy with a straight edged razor) helped me to wrap the door in blue fadeless paper. Check back for future posts and my super cute Captain Mickey and Sailor Minnie name tags! 

Updated job chart! This time I (and by me again the hubby) used felt as the background for all of my bulletin boards. Check out last year's post about my job chart (http://mrsnpartyka.blogspot.com/2013/10/all-hands-on-deck-pirate-job-chart.html) for information on the jobs and where to get your copy!



Last year I hated how dingy, dirty, and scratched my desk was. There just never seemed to be enough hours in the day to do something about it. This year it was a priority and my wonderful husband and his straight edged razor again saved the day. We (and by we again I really mean he) wrapped the desk in fadeless green paper. I use the bottom half of my old whale wall hanging from my last classroom to spruce up the side. I then decorated the front with magnets I made myself using Lilly Pulitzer 5x5 designs and some of my favorite designs from Lilly. (I hope to share some of my magnet templates in a future blog post so make sure to check back!)

Another dingy metal area I spruced up (this time on my own!!) with fadeless paper and Lilly magnets!


Plenty more ideas, freebies, and TPT ideas to come. Make sure to check back for more posts in the next few weeks as I get back into the posting routine. 

For now enjoy this freebie 





Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am doing some research for stability balls in the classroom. I have had the balls donated by parents but am looking for an inexpensive way for them stay in place. What are you using in the pictures here?

    Christin
    Shifting Teacher K-2

    ReplyDelete