Thursday, August 29, 2013

Join our underwater C.A.F.E.

After last year I was feeling bored with my old C.A.F.E. signs.
Sure they did the job and organized my bulletin board but there was nothing exciting about them!

(Grab yours here!!)

When I "dove" headfirst into theming my classroom this year, I wanted the ocean and beach vibe to extend even to my café signs!



Each sign has it's own beach scene and font to go with the C.A.F.E. letters!
 
Again for longevity I covered my board (with the help of a friend!) with fade resistant blue paper, then I used my great bargain find from the DOLLAR TREE to frame my board!
(like I mentioned in a previous post, I did laminate the boarder trim from Dollar Tree to keep longer as well!)
 
At the start of the year I purposely keep my C.A.F.E. board blank so I can build it with my students.
I did however find these GREAT sentence strips at Dollar Tree (only 50 cents a packet!!) to write our C.A.F.E. strategies on.
I chose to use clear thumbtacks to add our strategies to the bulletin board. They damage the fade resistant paper less than staples and are easier to remove.
This way I can hopefully get two years *at least* out of the fade resistant paper...plus I can adjust the sentence stripes to make room if we need it!
 
In case you didn't notice...tucked in the corner of my CAFE board is a super cute purple octopus---part of the same set of bulletin board pieces I grabbed super cheap for oriental trader! Love that place (almost as much as the dollar store!)
 
Dollar Store is also where I got the super cute palm tree hanging from my ceiling!
 
Check back soon for blog posts about my library and the Craboggle game in my reading nook!
 
 
 



Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment