Monday, January 6, 2014

Ringing In The New Year (FREEBIE ALERT!)

Well...this week we had ONE half day of school, so I suppose you could say we eased back into it!?

My students and I did a quick writing project. We have been working on parts of sentence so the students had to write two complete sentences for this quick check in. WHAT was their resolution for the New Year and WHY.

As I had a few students who were absent, so my bulletin board is still under construction but the final result is just too cute NOT to share.

I printed this paper in black and white for their rough drafts, and in color for the final.
(CLICK HERE FOR YOUR WRITING PAPER FREEBIE!)

I had a student help me cut out the ovals for the faces, and gave each student a piece of paper to "cut" their own hair.

I drew two versions of a party hat on white paper and 2014 in bubble letters then photocopied these onto different colors of construction paper. I prefer this method to having students try and share tracers, saves a little bit of time.

Students colored and decorated their hats and glasses with crayons, colored pencils, and of course some sequins for some added sparkle!

Once the students assemble their people, I stapled some ribbon to the top, cute out circles for their hands and attached their final drafts. The final projects are just too cute!

Since I have been procrastinating a trip to the teacher's store, I printed out some cute clipart from http://www.mycutegraphics.com/ to jazz up my bulletin board!

I was in a hurry to get the board up, but now I regret not laminating the pieces I used to use in the future. Oh well!

 
As an added bonus, one student brought in plastic New Year party hats to share with the class!
I let the students wear them while working as "thinking caps"
 
The bulletin board in progress...
 

 
 
 


Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

1 comment: