Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Front of the House--I mean classroom--FREEBIE alert

 
Above my whiteboard you'll notice my super cute alphabet from Oriental Trader.
The perfect alphabet for my underwater themed classroom.
 
My biggest obsession this year is the roll of magnetic backing from Michael's.
With my teacher discount and a 40% coupon I spent maybe 6 dollars for several yards of magnets.
I used them to jazz up the front of my classroom.
 
I call my class schedule our "cruise itinerary"
Each morning I take a minute to make sure our schedule lines up with my lesson plans.
It helps me focus and think about the day and the students like seeing what is next.
It is really helpful when trying to build independence. It gives me a place to send students when they ask questions about the flow of our day and our routines.
 
I also use it as a discussion point during our morning meeting when we review what we are going to do that day.
 
Learning targets! Putting your objective in child friendly words and commuting with students how they will know when they are successful. I had to mix in a little Disney cruise line flair here--check out my mickey in the middle of my targets!
 
Each day I write my targets on the board, we discuss them at the beginning, middle,
 and end of every lesson
 

 
I even put  magnets on the back of my calendar--it makes switching the months super quick and easy.
 
The number and ocean magnets are also from Oriental Trader. I got a HUGE bag for less than $5! 
 
I'm so happy I have extra white board space--magnets are SO much easier than tape, tacks, and staples!
 
 



Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment